Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On removing blogging burdens and guilt.

So, over the past year or so, my reasons for blogging have changed. At first, I blogged because I found it cathartic and I usually had something interesting to say. Now, all I feel is the pressure to blog regularly and produce worthwhile content. The thinking behind this being, “I should be the same as a lot of other bloggers out there.” While I would love to have supremely interesting content, content that makes me well known in the blogging community, I do not want to sacrifice my own happiness in the process. That's primarily why I have been absent for so long now. I would like to make a change though, which I have said numerous times, no doubt. If I remove the source of stress, namely, forcing myself to blog, then in theory I might want to blog more often. I do not want to offer up excuse after excuse for why I chose not to blog on a particular day. There is no need for that.

I do not want to call it quits, that is to say, remove my blog. It is a place that offered me great comfort, once upon a time. I plan to try and bring back that feeling of comfort before I call it quits. That is the plan.

The plan may also include watching the Big Bang Theory while I write my posts. That never fails to cheer me up or motivate me to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment