Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gearing Up.


I cannot believe that we are halfway through the month of April already. Seriously, where did the first half of the month go? Before you know it, summer will be over. (No, Sara Bareilles pun intended - I swear.)

I just find it weird. Last time I checked the calendar it was March. March, people. Now it is April and temperatures are finally rising, the pollen has hit full force, and everything is practically in bloom. Don't get me wrong, I love the spring and seeing everything in bloom. There is a riot of color everywhere you look and that is truly one of my favorite things about spring. However, what I don't appreciate is the pollen. But hey, let's not talk about that evil stuff. It doesn't deserve the attention.

What does deserve some attention is the plethora of art and craft festivals that will be starting up this month. There is one in particular that interests me, the Marietta Artist's Market, which I believe I have mentioned previously (well - last year, actually). It is a small craft fair that takes place in downtown Marietta Square, a lovely little place, and is filled with some of the nicest people. There are quite a few artists who do the market each month, some of which I've gotten to know a little, and so I look forward to seeing them again. Meeting and talking with fellow art/craft enthusiasts is awesome. Truly it is!

I think that I will be partaking in the May markets, so if you are in the area, feel free to stop by and visit me! I'll post the exact dates and locations as we get closer to the day of the actual market.

No comments:

Post a Comment