Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The artist in me.


Over the past several months, I feel as if I have lost the artist inside myself. This is not for any reason in particular. Work just tends to take its toll after a while and I become bogged down by stress. Each day I travel to work, stay there for about 8 hours, leave work, eat dinner, and catch up with my Husband. By the time I finish doing all of these things each day, I'm exhausted. Who wouldn't be, right? The wear and tear of the every day has caught up to me and I feel as if a change is in order. So I'm developing a plan. This plan involves taking a little bit of time each day to exercise my creativity.

The best time to start is now, but I doubt that I will be used to a new routine by tomorrow. So I'm using May as a starting point, of sorts. Each day I will do something creative. The best part is that I get to choose and it can literally be anything. I could chose to embrace my inner child for a day and color a page in a coloring book. Or perhaps I want to practice my wire wrapping and create a new piece of jewelry for my shop. Either way, my brain will get some exercise in being creative each day.

I mean, you exercise at the gym to keep your body in shape right? You probably care about what you eat or what goes into your body. Well, what about mental health? Sure, I read books and watch the news, but how often do I exercise my creativity? Not as often as I should really.

I think that my brain may need a little exercise in creativity. Won't you join me?

Post a photo from your daily creative activity or share a tweet. Suggest creative activities for everyone to try. Let's be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment